Monday 23 April 2012

Welcome to my caking adventures!

well, this is my very fist blog, EVER!
I'm not too sure where to begin, if you are following my facebook page Arbitrary Cakes you will know that it is coming up to one year since i decorated my first cake, and those of you who know me will know how much cake decorating has taken over my life!

but for those of you out there in cyber space reading this who don't know me, i will tell you a little about myself.
i am a stay at home mum of one very time consuming gorgeous wee man who has just last week learnt to walk, yay, and now i really will have my hands full!

before he came along i had always been a workaholic, and i wasn't too sure how i would cope being a stay at home mum, I'm not one to just sit around, and lets face it, i would much rather have something to do other than housework!

i have always worked in the fashion and sewing industry, and i love to sew (maybe i will share this blog with any exciting sewing or crafts i do also) but i have become completely and utterly consumed by all things cake! i just love it and cant get enough!
its a fantastic hobby that i can do at home and work around my son, and best of all I'm just so passionate about it!

it all began by watching Ace of Cakes on the food network channel (oh my gosh i love duff! he is just incredible! and i fell in love with all the gang that work at charm city cakes) i watched back to back episodes and was gutted when it finished!

anyway I've always been a bit of a baker, but never even imagined cake decorating!
so i thought i would start with something easy, i decided to make some carrot cake cupcakes to take in to the nurses in the Dunedin N.I.C.U. (my son and i spent 3 1/2 months in N.I.C.U. when he was born extremely prematurely, and i am eternally grateful for the amazing work that they do and everything that they did for us)
and i thought i would make some wee carrots out of icing for on the tops, i googled for instructions and i think from memory i found out how to make icing carrots from cake decorating for dummies!

and the rest, as they say, is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment